HF: Installation Instructions for Chain Hanging Fixtures with Center Dish
Caution: Failure to install this fixture properly may result in serious personal injury or death and property damage. We recomment installation by a licensed technician.
This product must be installed in accordance with applicable installation code(s), by a person familiar with the construction and operation of the product and the hazards involved.
Caution: Do not exceed maximum wattage noted on fixture. Use only recommended bulbs with fixture.
- D-Canopy Loop
- F-Loop Collar
- H-Fixture Loop
Caution: Be sure power is off at the main breaker box prior to installation.
- Carefully unpack the fixture from the carton.
- Using two machine screws (not provided), fasten the crossbar (A) to the electric box. Note: A new electric box comes with screws. When replacing a fixture, retain the existing screws for use with the new fixture.
- Thread the nipple (B) into the crossbar and secure with lock nut (C); slide canopy (E) over nipple and attach the canopy loop (D) to the nipple. Adjust the nipple to proper length to ensure a snug canopy fit before proceeding.
- Attach one end of the chain (G) to the fixture loop (H). Lace the wire through every other link of the chain to the end. Slip wires and chain through the loop collar (F) and canopy (E). Fasten the chain to the canopy loop, and then slip the wires through the loop and nipple into the canopy box. Make sure to provide enough slack in the wire to ensure the chain supports the weight of the fixture.
- Using suitable wire connectors (not provided) connect fixture wires to supply wires (white to ribbed side of fixture cord, black to smooth side). Connect all bare copper and/or green wires together and to the green ground screw of the crossbar. Caution: Make sure wire connectors are twisted on securely, and no bare wire is exposed.
- Raise canopy to the ceiling and secure loop collar to canopy loop.
- Install glass, if applicable.
- Install light bulb(s) (not provided).
- Restore electricity at main breaker.
Caution: This fixture has been designed with a small center dish allowing the addition of a small decorative object of your choosing. To ensure that the electric box can support the weight of the fixture and the added object, limit the object's weight to a maximum of ten pounds.
If you need further assistance, or find that you are missing any parts, please contact Carolina Rustica. We hope you enjoy your fixture!
Shop Hubbardton Forge Chandeliers Now